Sunday, September 1, 2013

September's Goals! Back to Basics

Every month I try to give myself new goals. The goals vary from month to month, but there are always goals. Sometimes I accomplish them, sometimes I don't, sometimes the goals carry over to the next month.  No matter what is (or isn't) accomplished at the end of the month, I always have goals.  So as we start September, the idea of goals are on my mind. So here is what I would like to work towards this month...

Goal 1)  Get back to basics! As a weight watcher, back to basics means tracking, portion control, following the healthy guidelines and getting active.  I would like to accomplish all of these things 5 out of 7 days each week, including at least 1 day on the weekend. I even joined a group on Facebook started by the highly motivating Brooke: Not On A Diet with help in achieving this goal! You can check out more information about this challenge group by following the link to her blog.

Goal 2) Not only is my goal to keep up with my half marathon training, but I also want to add some strength training to my routine. Nothing crazy, just a minimum of once a week.  I know how important strength training is and would probably help my running, but still I have knowingly been neglecting it. Time to stop that!

Goal 3) Get back to blogging. When I first started my Facebook page My Journey 2 The Fit Life, I had every intention of blogging and then time got a way from me. Now its time to start back up again. Lately life has been busy, confusing, stressful and I think at a pivotal point, I think this blog will help keep my thoughts and my head on straight.

Goal 4) On September 15th, I turn 30! I am looking forward to my 30's. I think they will far surpass my 20's.  So my last goals, enjoyed the last two weeks in my 20's and the first two weeks in my 30's.

So I am curious, what are you looking to accomplish in September?




No comments:

Post a Comment