Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My October Goals

Every month I make goals for myself.  I don’t always accomplish them, but I still like to write them down.  Having those goals written down staring you in the face make it all seems a little more official.  It gives me a little bit more drive and focus knowing where I want to go. 

So where do I want go and what do I want to accomplish this month:
  • Finish The Atlantic City Half Marathon! EEEKKKK! It feels like so long ago that I signed up to do this. It seems like so long ago that I started my training for the race.  And now here we are 13 days away from accomplishing something I have thought about and dreamed about for over a year. This will be a huge personal accomplishment that I can check off my list.
  • I would like to stay pretty on point, when it comes to food on nutrition throughout the entire month. I would especially like to keep it steady through the race.  I personally want to feel my best when I am running and eating well will help me feel at my best while running.
  • I want to start lifting weights again.  I got so into running that lifting completely feel by the wayside. I want to get those muscles going again. 
  • Eat without feeling guilty.  I have always said that I am not 100% clean eater. I pretty much follow the 80/20 rule.  80% of the time I eat healthy and mindfully. 20% of the time I will treat myself. But there are so many times that after I indulge, perhaps too much I beat myself up over it and feel guilt.  I am going to try to make a conscience effort and just eat.  I want to eat until I am hungry, listen to my body, fuel my body and if/when I go overboard, let it go.  Easier said than done.
  • Keep consistently writing on my blog and really start to add more content to it. 
  • Do something scares me. I think this will be on my list each month.  Doing something that scares you is one way to grow, learn and change.

Do you make goals each month?  What are they for October?   

No comments:

Post a Comment