Sunday, March 16, 2014

"I'll Start On Monday": Meet Amy

I am so excited to be featuring Amy of Mind Over Fatter- My Journey to a Fit Life as this week's "I'll Start On Monday" feature.

Here is Amy's story: 

First I would like to say I am honored to be featured for your "I'll Start On Monday" series! Thank you so much for inspiring and motivating so many people! 


My journey started in February 2013. I was sick and tired of being overweight and miserable. I wanted a change so bad I could taste it. Though I had tried and failed at many fad diets, I was determined to do this the right way. By eating healthier, physical activity and drinking water. I purchased a treadmill and started walking. That first day I went a little over a mile in 30 minutes. 3 days later I measured, took pictures and weighed. Correction- "attempted to weigh", my scale would weigh up to 325 lbs and it wouldn't weigh me. I was ashamed and embarrassed of how far I had let myself go. Regardless, it fueled my fire to get healthy for me and my family, or die trying. I kept walking 6 days a week and slowly added in running and strength training. 

It has been a long, hard journey.  I've found a strength and determination that I didn't know I possessed. God has been with me every step of the way. To date I have lost 80 lbs and over 100 inches. I can run over 2 miles in 30 minutes and am currently training for my first half marathon! I give God the glory for helping me down this path. I'm getting to where I'm meant to be, as I sure never dreamed I could do what I'm doing! 


You don't need a new year or even a Monday. All you need is desire to change. Start small, believe in yourself, even if you don't one day you will. Just never ever stop trying. Take a close look at your life ask yourself, "Am I living or just not dying?" I chose to live and prosper. I hope you do too. 

♡ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) 


Find me at: 
FB- www.facebook.com/mindoverfatterjourney
IG- @Mind_Over_Fatter 
Twitter- @Mind_OverFatter "

I have had the pleasure of getting to know Amy better over the last couple of months.  She is a woman that continuously inspires and amazes me. She is determined. She is positive. She works hard (and it shows!!!) She is always willing to step out of her comfort zone and try new things, such as a half marathon! She doesn't let the hard get in the way. She is certainly turning into the person she was meant to be, and inspiring so many others along the way.

I hope that after reading Amy's story you are going to start on Monday!

Keep inspiring, 

Emily

If you would like to be a "I'll Start On Monday" feature, please email me at myjourney2thefitlife@gmail.com.  



1 comment:

  1. Love this post! She is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete