Monday, January 28, 2013

Making It A Healthy Lifestyle

So I have a confession.. I LOVE FOOD! I love most foods. It would be quicker and easier for me to tell you the foods that I don't like.  My love of food helped contribute to being overweight by over 100lbs.  But just because I lost weight, doesn't mean that I love food any less. In fact, I might love it even more.

Food is a necessary evil. Everyone needs to eat. We need food to thrive. We need food to lose weight.  Food is a part of life... always will be... whether we like it or not. Food isn't the enemy. It's about making the best choice as to what food to put in your body meal after meal, day after day.

For me, living a healthy lifestyle means eating lots of fruits, veggies, and lean protein. Pretty much foods that are going to do something for my body.  I will continue these behaviors for the rest of my life. Living a healthy lifestyle also means that occasionally I can treat myself with a piece of cheesecake, without having to feel guilty about it.  I know I don't eat perfectly clean or healthy, but I eat that way a lot more than I don't.  It has taken me a lot of time and struggles to be at piece with this.

Will there be times that I wish I didn't eat something... of course.  Will there be times that I overeat and struggle... absolutely... It's something I have dealt with in the past and I anticipate dealing with again (although I hope it isn't any time soon)... Every time I have fallen down, I have picked myself up.

During life, there are going to be good times and there are going to be bad times. It's part of life.  It doesn't matter how many times bad times or how many times you fall off the wagon. All that matters is that every time you fall down, you dust your self off and get right back to it.

Thank you for joining me on this journey,

Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment