Saturday, January 5, 2013

Something that scares me... Welcome to my blog

Hi everyone!

As we said goodbye to 2012 and welcomed 2013, like many I thought about what can I do to make myself better and make this year great for me. One thing I knew was I wanted to get back some control that I had lost.  The last two months of 2012 were a bit of a whirlwind for me. 

  • On October 29th, my area was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy and thankfully our biggest problem was we lost power 10 days. 
  • On November 6th, my grandmother had a stroke and was admitted to the hospital. Two days before Thanksgiving she was placed on hospice. 
  • Then Thanksgiving. 
  • Then a fundraiser I was organizing for work. 
  • On December 4th, my beloved grandmother passed away.
  •  On December 11th, her funeral.  
  • On December 12th I was hit with the realization that Christmas was in two weeks and I was nowhere near ready. 
  • December 24th-December 29th- Christmas craziness. 
On December 31st, just for the heck of it I stepped on the scale... Ugh... I didn't like the number I saw. I didn't like how I felt. I wanted to leave those feelings in 2012 and I have so far.   

I have never really been one for resolutions, but given the crazy way 2012 ended I was reminded how precious life. How short life is. And I wanted to make sure I could do as much as possible to make sure that I was getting the most of life.  I made a list of 13 goals that I wanted to accomplish in 2013.  One of those goals, do something that scares me... So I did something that I have been thinking about for awhile... starting a blog.  

Why does it scare me? I don't know really. It's a little overwhelming to let people into your life (that is making the assumption that many people will actually read these- HA). But I do feel that I have a story worth sharing and things worth saying... 

I do know why I wanted to do something that scares me.  Overcoming fears are hard. It takes strength to do it and it shows growth.  I don't want to look back and wonder "what if"... Now I don't have to, atleast not with starting a blog. 

Thank you for being a part of my journey, 

Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment